Saturday, May 29, 2010

Showered with Love!

This past week has been a busy one in wedding development!  I had two amazing wedding/bridal showers and feel overwhelmed with excitement about the big day (only 49 days away now!) and love from my family and friends who really came out to celebrate this exciting time in our lives!
This is from my dad's card - me as a diva
Last weekend was a shower in Cool, where my mom lives.  It was mostly moms of my girlfriends and my mom's really close friends.  A VERY fun day.  Emily, my head maid, was in charge of the games, so we enjoyed bridal pictionary, toilet paper veil making, and a quiz about my groom to be.  I did pretty well on the quiz, I must say.  Though there were a few questionable answers on Mike's part.  We had three groups making different styles of veils (see evidence below).  It was a tough call, especially since I was told I would be wearing the winner's design to the rehearsal.  But, ultimately, the choice was made :)  My mom arranged for us to have lots of yummy food from the deli where she works, and she ordered some pretty amazing cupcakes for us to enjoy as well.  This was a kitchen themed shower, and so we received lots of goodies for our kitchen, which was really exciting.  We have already enjoyed beverages out of our new glasses and are planning ways to use our beautiful serving trays!  Very fun!
Last night was another shower, with a very different theme: linens and lingerie.  Very racy and lots of fun.  I felt like I was in a gourmet restuarant - Emily made so many delicious snacks for us, including salmon with creme fresche (OMG), proschiutto wrapped cantaloupe, fruit salad, honey and blue cheese topped bread....and then some pretty amazing bellinis with fresh fruit.  I was in heaven!  Overall, I feel very celebrated and I have still have another shower to go, which is being thrown by Mike's Mom, Sandy.  I just got the invitation for that in the mail!
I am including some (okay, LOTS of) pictures of the two events!  Lots of fun, and lots of love!  Thanks Emmy for making sure everything was documented so well.

Red Velvet....enough said...

(from the back) Key Lime, Cookies & Cream, Mint, Double Chocolate...


The final veil products

My mom had these awesome aprons made for us!



Gail and Kelly trying to strategize in the veil game


Emily had to run out to the car, so she naturally grabbed her fur coat...


The Table - it looked so awesome!  Our wedding colors, too!

One of my many new aprons - this one has cupcakes AND is in the new Sex and the City movie!!!
My Mother in Law (to be) and Grandma Takaki
Mandro mommies!
Bridal Pictionary!





San Jose Shower
Lemon and Chocolate Caramel!!!
Bellinis?  Yes, please!


OMG.  That is what these are called.








Toasting in some of our new flutes!

StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. wow everything looks so amazing! love the cupcakes :)
    page

    ReplyDelete

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP