Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Uh oh...

Mike and I on a champagne cruise on Sunday :)
So, for those of you who know me well, you know that I tend to get very ill when I am really excited about something.  This illness comes in many forms (vomiting, stomach ache, headache, etc.).  It's really rather unpleasant.  But, it's been that way since I was a kid.

The first time I remember being really excited about something was when I was like 5, and it was Easter.  My dad and I were still going to church, and we had a tradition of going to Coffee & for breakfast right after.  I was extra excited this day because I knew I was coming home to a basket filled with goodies.  I had my regular french toast order, but started to feel really nauseaus half way through.  I couldn't stop thinking about the Easter basket.  My dad had to run a few errands, and I told him I didn't feel good.  But, I was dramatic as a child, so he thought I was exaggerating.  Go figure.  After about 30 minutes of errands, we were finally on our way home.  I remember counting in my head so that I could concentrate and not get sick in the car.  When we got home, I RAN inside, and got sick.  But, soon after, I got my easter basket, replete with chocolate goodness (always good right after tossing your cookies), and a Barbie ice cream maker!  I felt fine afterward, but the anticipation was what got me all worked up.  And it's been the same for 22 years now.

Why am I blogging about getting sick as a five year old?  Well, because we are at the under 60 day mark, and I must be excited because I have not felt good for the last 3 days...  My mom's bridal shower is this weekend, and I know I am really looking forward to it.  As I have mentioned before, I am so excited to see all of my mom's friends, and my friend's moms.  It's going to be a really fun day, PLUS she got cupcakes for the occasion!  Truly - nothing could be better.

BUT, I don't feel good.  At all.  I am having to teach, but have severe heartburn, acid tummy, and a loss of appetite.  I had to force myself to go to the gym last night thinking it would make me feel better.  Nope.  I didn't run or anything, just weights, but I was doubled over between sets.  Can you imagine what I will feel like the day of and before the actual wedding?  YIKES - is all I can say.

Is it normal?  Nope.  Do I want to be at work with 120 15-17 year olds?  Absolutely not!  But, I am really excited about the next 59 days, and after that, the rest of my life!StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. whenever that happens, make sure to take DEEP breaths through your nose. as a sufferer of nervous stomach (though different than your's for sure), i know that when you get nervous it tightens your intestines and does all sorts of bad things to your insides. when you get more oxygen flowing (ie: by breathing), it starts to relax and calm the organs. it might not do much for the nausea, but it can certainly help some of the pain and acid. hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP