Monday, July 12, 2010

Blooms in Bloom

Well, this is the week!  It's finally here!  I think that I will be having an out of body experience for the next few days.  I need to bring myself back to earth so I can enjoy it!  I have moments of sheer excitement, butterflies, etc.  And then other times when I think about things, I just tear up!  Not out of sadness or anything, but just amazement that this is happening, and gratefulness that our family and friends are so supportive and loving.

Today I went with my future MIL (mother-in-law) to pick up the flowers at the wholesaler.  Jack ordered everything beforehand, but somehow a lot of it got lost in translation, so when Sandy, Mike and I went back a few days ago, they didn't have about 1/2 of the flowers on the order!  Glad we caught it in time!  We picked all the flowers up, loaded 'em into the van, and brought them back to their house where Jack was waiting, 6 days after heart surgery, to prep and prepare all of them.  Apparently that is most of the work - trimming the stems so that the water gets to the flower, peeling leaves and petals so the water doesn't get slimy, etc.  So, we spent most of this morning doing that.  It was nice to have some quality alone time with the future in-laws. Got to hear some pretty entertaining stories about what a "charming" child Mike was.  :)  Big snaps to Jack for being such a trooper, and for helping as much as he can.

Here are some shots of the beautiful blooms we have!  So exciting!

Love the color of these roses - they are the perfect shade of green!

We have so many beautiful orchids!

Among other things, these are for the guys' corsages.




Gladiolas - we got them pre-bloom, so they'll be perfect by Saturday!

LOVE these!

And these!!!  Such perfect colors!


Their garage was stacked with flowers!  And we still have to pick some up later this week!


 StumbleUpon

1 comment:

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP