Friday, December 25, 2009

So Many Decisions!!

Yikes - It's been a full month since I've had a moment to really come up for air and think about the wedding. I was buried (still am) in work and final papers and trying to make it through the end of the semester. But, as soon as Christmas vacation hit, I was back on the wedding trail!

The first thing I needed to catch up on was the invitations. It seems like there are quite a few people who are busy or have made other plans for our wedding weekend already, so we are feeling the need to get on our Save the Dates and order our invitations! We were all set to order from the narrowed down choices we made a few months ago, and then I go on the invitation site to start ordering, and what has happened? Oh nothing but about 25 new designs all especially for summer weddings, that's all. GEEEZ! So, now we have about 3 new options that we are considering and it's back to square one! I really didn't think I cared all that much about the invites, but when all these new designs came out, I couldn't possibly stay with what we had chosen!

The next thing I wanted to tackle was the hotels and where people would be staying. Though this seems like a small feat on the surface, it is really kind of complicated because you have to think about where you will be getting ready, sleeping, where the stylist will meet with you, where you will take your pre-wedding shots, etc. That's a lot to think about! We booked a few guest blocks at some hotels downtown and decided on one for the bridal party as well - it is actually one of the venues that we were considering for the wedding itself, and I am so stoked to be staying there. It is a very cool, posh area, and has a bar that is open into the night so that if we are up to it, we can continue the festivities after the wedding!!

We also started looking into a guitarist to play for the processional and recessional. This was also a bit difficult because many artists only play classical music, and that really isn't the vibe of the day, so we wanted something a bit more casual and fun. Our wedding coordinator made a few recommendations, but one guy was already booked, one guy sounded too religious for us, and the third guy had a pretty bland proposal of what he would play for the day. No thanks. I'm not bland. So I ended up doing a Google search on "Guitarist, San Jose" and found this amazing guy who I am currently emailing with. Listen to his samples under "Pop" and you will understand my being drawn to him.
StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP