Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wardrobe? Complete!


The last four days have resulted in some more wedding accomplishments!

Thursday I went in for my first dress fitting! It was great to see my beautiful dress, all for me! My friends Emily and Monica were there, as well as my mom and sister. It was a bit anti-climactic, as the dress was really, really big, and I couldn't really envision how it would look when it is actually fitted to me. I know it will be better the next time, but I wanted to have a better vision of what it would look like! I did find a head piece for the big day though, so that was exciting.

A more challenging task has proven to be finding the perfect shoes. I went to Nordies the day before the big fitting, hoping to be divinely inspired by a gorgeous pair of shoes that screamed, "Dum Dum Dum Dummmmmm" But instead, I was underwhelmed with mediocrity. I loveloveLOVE shoes, and I am, honestly, a bit saddened that I can't adorn my feet with a gorgeous pair of dainty high heels. But we are getting married on a lawn, and that just wouldn't be practical. Plus, given my amazing coordination skills, 20$ says I would be laid out flat on my face 1/3 of the way down the isle. (This may happen anyway, but flats lesson my chances). So I decided to go with sandals/flats. I found 2 pairs of sandals that I liked, one in lime green (one of our wedding colors) and one in purple (the other wedding color). Then, I found a sequin adorned pair of converse in pink. I bought all 3. Showed them to Mike who was obviously underwhelmed as well...so, back to square one! I definitely will no be settling for a lame pair of shoes. Yes, I know that nobody really sees them. Do I care? No. I need to know that my feet are dressed just as well as the rest of me!

Friday my girlfriends came over for a night of invitation stuffing awesomeness. We had
quite the assembly line going. One of us stuffed the RSVPs, one of us stamped, one sprinkled
embossing powder, one blew the embossing powder dry, and then we stuffed it all together! Now I have to start addressing them. I want to take them in small batches and then mail them out at the beginning of May.



We headed up to Truckee this weekend for a whirlwind trip for snowboarding and dad-visiting. On our way, we stopped at the Tommy Bahama outlet in Vacaville. We have been looking for this specific color silk shirt for our wonderful groomsman - one that we saw last summer and haven't seen since! The TB store here in San Jose suggested that we try the outlet store because they often have more colors, and, they are cheaper! Yes please! So, we went there Saturday and worked with a super helpful and friendly woman who helped us get all of our shirts lined up. We brought home 6 of the 8 plus a shirt for each of our dads (same shirt, different color from the groomsmen). Really excited to have that done, and looking forward to see how handsome they all look!

We are still working on folding the 1,000 oragami cranes, and thanks to our wonderful family, we are making a lot of progress! Mike's cousin Ginger has turned in 300, his aunt has 200, my dad is making 200 as well (5 a day - plus he's discovered a method to make it more efficient!). Now, to figure out what to do with all of them!
StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP