Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Got in Trouble...

So, today, a very very very exciting package was sitting on the front porch. I peeked at the end, and what did I see? Oh our very wonderful Save the Date goodies, designed by our great friend Jen! I was so excited! I could barely wait long enough to take Taiko on a potty break! I ran upstairs and ripped open the package - primarily to see if the things would fit in the envelopes that we are sending our save the date cards in. (Probably should have checked that before we ordered, by the way...) I tried to pull the one off of the side, but I was too impatient and tore into the box. Inside were two neat stacks of our goodies! So exciting!
I took some time to put them around the house so that Mike would be really excited and be in the wedding spirit....well. That. Didn't. Happen.
I gchatted Mike that we had gotten our goodies and that they were "AWESOME." His response was not what I expected. "You opened them? Without me? Again?" (I forgot to mention that I also opened our Save the Date announcements before he got home... He was not as excited as I had anticipated... :( I am in a bit of trouble, but the bright side is that they are going out this week!
I feel a bit like Monica, from friends. There is an episode after she and Chandler get married. She comes home to a house full of gifts. Chandler is out with Ross recreating their wedding pictures because he thinks that he lost the disposable cameras (his only "task" for the wedding day.) Monica can't help herself and opens all of the gifts before Chandler gets home! (my theory is that there is a Friends/Sex in the City/ or Seinfeld reference for everything!!)
I need to remember to pull back and not be selfish and open things on my own - it is me and MIKE's day and I need to remember that! Excitement just takes over - but I have to refrain! I'll update next week to tell you if I am able to do this or not...invitations ship on Monday!
StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP