Friday, October 30, 2009

Rock Paper Scissors

Mike and I are all about making decisions early on in the process, so that we can spend most of the latter half of our engagement sitting back and enjoying the process of doing things, making things, addressing things, folding things, etc. I am sure that this may be somewhat unrealistic, as the stress doesn't really hit you until later, but that is our goal for now. So, in that spirit, and though we don't have to send them out for quite a while, we started looking at invitations.

The first one I saw was in Martha Stewart Wedding (my favorite wedding magazine.) It was a super cute circus style print with perforated reply cards. I really liked the idea. I emailed them for a quote quickly after I saw it. Almost as quickly, my dream was deflated. The invites I was drooling over were about 300% over our budget. Uh, no thanks. Damn I hate having expensive taste.

We looked around at about a dozen other companies, and couldn't really find anything that struck us. Then I remembered that Em had given me the name of the company she used, and we hadn't yet checked that one out. Lucky for us, Em and Nick have already been through this process, and loved their invitations and this company.

We have narrowed it down (ordered samples) of the following...see if you can anticipate which one will arrive in your mailboxes in a few months...


StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. the obvious choice seems to be the sailboat...but at the same time, the first one sort of seems like you guys. they're all cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I'm making a prediction, but I'll keep it quiet as to not possibly influence the process:)

    ReplyDelete

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP