Friday, April 9, 2010

Dressed to Impress!


Yahoo! That is all I have to say after my 2nd dress fitting yesterday. I didn't blog about my first fitting, because, to be honest, it was a bit anticlimactic.

When I first tried on my dress, I of course, tried on the sample. It was definitely too snug, but they took my measurements, and I left feeling like we were good to go. Until my dress came. It was clearly meant for an amazon woman. It was really, really long, too big EVERYWHERE, and the top was about 6 inches out from my chest. I felt like I was swimming in it. I couldn't even get excited, because I seriously couldn't envision what it was supposed to look like. I mean, I knew it was my dress. I wasn't like one of those brides on "Say Yes to the Dress" who is convinced that the wrong dress was shipped to them. I knew it was mine, I just also knew that it was for a WNBA star.

So, this second fitting I decided to not have anybody else there besides my mom and sister. I didn't want anybody to see it until it was right. I don't know why - it doesn't really make a ton of sense to me at this moment. But I just knew that I would be putting pressure on myself if my wonderful friends were there.

I was really, really anxious going there because of my experience the last time. I knew that it was going to fit differently, but I just didn't know how. I was so anxious and on edge from a rough day of school that I hadn't eaten all day! This fitting was at the seamstress' shop, and so the atmosphere was a bit different - more business, less fou fou. She brought my dress out of the back, and after some "brasierre" discussions, we were off. I put the dress on, and zipped it up. It seemed to be quite a bit more snug. But in a good way! The seamstress put some boning in the top, so that the top went towards and not away like it was doing before. She had taken it in and up about 6 inches. It looked soooo much better!



We played a bit with the bustle, and she ended up taking a bit more from the front, because it was still a bit too long, and I don't want to be tripping on the way down the aisle! Plus, I had my newly purchased hair piece in also, so I got the full effect!!

This week I am on spring break, so I am going to get to addressing my invitations! My mom is doing my shower invitations soon, and I am super excited to see those (and to not have the responsibility of addressing them :) )
StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP